Enjoy working with wood? Check out this opportunitiy in West Bend.
Level III Machininig
Operates most production machinery including Rover, Weeke, Saw, Komo & Edgebanders. Performs tool changes and setup.
1. Operates production machinery and computers.
2. Accountable for quality control. Make adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
3. Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
4. Log daily counts and document hours in ERP system.
5. Communicate with operators from other areas of production as well as supervisors and managers.
6. Clean and maintain work area, per department rules.
7. Turn off equipment when not in use.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Assist mechanics and machinists in repair work.
2. Request raw materials. Maintain material supply adhering to just in time manufacturing principles.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to read production fixture drawings and cut items per drawing.
3. Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required.
1. Company Values: Honesty, Reliability, Quality Conscious, Good work ethic.
2. General Traits: Enthusiastic, Highly Organized, Detail Oriented, Sense of Urgency, Good Follow Up and Customer Service Skills.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds or occasionally more. Occasional physical exertion is required. Assisting in theloading of trucks, moving materials, or generally helping others will be required from time to time. Machinery operation may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety glasses, gloves and hearing protection. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. Long hair must be pulled back.Adherence to all company handbook guidelines required.