Hartland Manufacturer is looking to add to their team!
We are looking for individuals to work in our manufacturing facility as machine operators. Machine Operators perform standardized operations such as assembly, molding, trimming, drilling, etc. Operators observe continuous operations of machines to ensure that product meets specifications and recognize any defective parts.
Job duties & description
- Operates machine press and assembly equipment to make parts by following established instructions.
- Read and follow operating manuals; work instructions, master samples, process and procedures for specific jobs.
- Trim, Clip, Drill, Glue, File or sanding of manufactured product may be required on some jobs.
- Position and secure inserts, hand loads and work pieces on machines for production of manufactured product.
- Perform in-process inspection of all parts and/or assemblies in accordance with the requirements stated in the job packet (work instructions) or as otherwise stated on drawings or master sample. Measure and visually inspect products for surface and dimension defects using measuring instruments or gauges.
- Package and label products as directed in job packet (work instructions) for final shipment or transfer to finishing department.
- Maintain production documentation.
- Maintain customer quality standards.
- Perform re-work duties as assigned.
- Relieve other operators for breaks as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Reading comprehension - understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Language - read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating instructions.
- Mathematics - knowledge of basic math and their applications.
- Writing - complete paperwork and documents at the workstation.
- Manual dexterity - ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or both hands to grasp or assemble objects. Ability to coordinate your limbs while sitting or standing.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to frequently lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 25 pounds.