Jackson, WI manufacturer creates custom themed projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. This company has an outstanding benefit package: -$0.50 cent/hour increase after 1 week of employment for perfect attendance -Time and a half for overtime -Opportunity to become a direct hire of the company and to receive a wage increase after 90 days of employment -Paid time off -Participation in quarterly bonus program -Health insurance and Life insurance Voluntary benefits include: dental, short term disability, permanent life insurance, term life insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and 401k participation
CDL over-the-road (OTR) driver will deliver various types of construction equipment and materials throughout the continental United States (occasionally Canada) to the company’s work sites.
Fleet consists of late model Peterbilt trucks. ELD miles are used to determine routes and trip mile pay. Loads are company equipment and materials. Flexible schedule allows drivers to plan routes.
Essential Job Duties:
- Drive OTR throughout the continental U.S. and occasionally Canada
- Chain and tarp loads
- Load and unload equipment as needed
- Ensure proper truck maintenance and cleanliness
- Hold class “A” CDL
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Minimum of 2 years of OTR experience
- Clean driving history
- Ability to pass background check, physical, and drug screen prior to employment
- Ability to maintain accurate driver/shipment logs and reports
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Class “A” CDL
- Two years of high school or six to twelve months of related experience
- Earn between $0.48 - $0.535 cents per mile
- Hourly rates between $19.00 - $20.30 for local deliveries
- Home most weekends with flexible schedules
- Paid all miles driven including empty miles
- Toll passes are provided
Driving less than 200 miles from home base, in the same day is considered local.
When a route is grouped with other routes in the same day not defined as local, than delivery shall not qualify as a local route.Local deliveries are paid per hour only. No mileage rates apply.Hours to be submitted in writing for approval.Loading time
Each destination includes 1 hour of loading or unloading.
Loading and unloading exceeding 1 hour per destination are paid by the hour.Drop must be during a time agreed by site superintendent and trucking schedule so the site is prepared to receive delivery or pickup.Loading time must be submitted in writing for approval.
- Ability to lift 90 lbs
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Ability to push and pull 100 lbs
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, and climb stairs