A local Grafton area manufacturer is looking to add a Brake Press Set-Up/ Operator to rheir First Shift team
Brake Press Set-Up Operator
$15-$30/hr depending on experience
- MUST HAVE MULTIPLE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE & BE ABLE TO SET-UP/CHANGEOVER
With direction from production lead, the Set-up Operator sets up and operates CNC controlled Brake Presses to form and bend a variety of materials to meet drawing specifications, while controlling quality and efficiency.
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Selects proper punch and die tooling
- Ability to work on a variety of brake presses
- Sets up, adjusts and operates Brake Press to run prototype jobs and new parts orders
- Inspects parts using precision measuring equipment (micrometer, calipers, protractor) and documents, inspection data
- Writes set-up sheets and understands advanced programming functions
- Develop bend sequence / handling tips
- Ability to read and understand quality documents / job travelers.
- Good math skills; basic reading & writing skills, to accurately count parts and appropriately package/palletize.
- Ability to work safely with equipment and others and follow on/off procedures