Local Hartford company has the need to add to their Quality Assurance team. If you would be interested in inspecting parts for the Elon Musk Space X program and able to work 2 2 3 (12 hour) schedule, please consider applying!
Wage $20-30 DOE and certifications.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the NDT Technician is responsible for following established policies. The NDT Technician performs assignments requiring general use and application of concepts, practices, and techniques for X-ray, FPI, and MPI inspection. Approximately 80% of time setting up and performing NDT operations, 20% maintaining records and equipment.
What you will do:
- Record testing and inspection information on the required inspections sheets/switchboard.
- Ensure conforming quality castings by conducting Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) using but not limited to the following methods:
X-ray, Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection (FPI), and Visual Testing.
- Interpret procedural and standard practice requirements, related to customer-specific requirements, to NDT and pass or reject castings accordingly.
- Produce accurate, timely inspection reports.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as needed.
- Conduct professional interactions with manufacturing team members, and customers or their designated 3rd party representatives.
- Maintain a safe and productive work environment, as well as a high standard of quality.
- Must possess a practical understanding of manufacturing processes in order to objectively and independently analyze problems, communicate effectively, and facilitate problem-solving activities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous NDT experience in investment castings - highly desirable.
- NDT auditing experience utilizing NADCAP checklists - preferred.
- Ability to certify to Level II in Digital Radiography, Liquid Penetrant, and/or Magnetic Particle per SNT-TC-1A and NAS-410-highly desirable.