Jackson, WI manufacturer creates custom themed projects for museums, theme and water parks, aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. This company has an outstanding benefit package: -$0.50 cent/hour increase after 1 week of employment for perfect attendance -Time and a half for overtime -Opportunity to become a direct hire of the company and to receive a wage increase after 90 days of employment -Paid time off -Participation in quarterly bonus program -Health insurance and Life insurance Voluntary benefits include: dental, short term disability, permanent life insurance, term life insurance, critical illness insurance, accident insurance, and 401k participation
We are seeking local sculptors, scenic painters, and fabricators to apply artistic talents to ongoing projects.
Requires resume inclusive of portfolio or picture examples of previous work
Essential Job Duties:
- Create sculptures, statues, and other three-dimensional themed work for varying exhibits and displays.
- Create various paint finishes and renderings.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and other team members.
- Weld, cut, grind, sand, spray, brush and mix.
- Create master forms, molds, parts and color pallets. Work projects from surface preparation to finish.
- Maintain written and verbal documentation.
- Artistic fabrication and construction background, education or experience
- Ability to fabricate, sculpt or paint artistic theme work.
- Work with a variety of materials.
- Familiarity with themed carpentry.
- Ability to build from plans, specifications, photos and models.
- Work with units of measurement and scales.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools.
- Willingness to learn
- Work independently and with project team
- Availability to work overtime as needed
- Adhere to safety requirements and equipment guidelines
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Ability to lift 90 lbs
- Ability to carry 50 lbs
- Ability to push and pull 100 lbs
- Ability to stand, bend, squat, and climb stairs
Wage range $11-15 DOE