This Hartford Company is looking for Laser Operators. They have become an integral part of their team due to expanding our customer base! The Laser Operator will also support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, set-up specifications of customer orders, bending, punching and sanding of metal products as instructed by shop manager.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task and follow blueprints to meet product specifications
- Understanding and the use of a caliper, micrometer, tape measure (digital or dial)
- Set up laser machine based on material type and thickness, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment
- Lift raw materials and final products manually, or using hoist
- Ensure parts of the correct quality and quantity emerge from the laser cutting system and are routed to the correct location on shop floor
- Perform daily preventive maintenance and clean-up of laser equipment
- Account for time and work completed via online computer data collection system
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and complete work
- Benefits and schedule will be discussed. Compensation will be based on experience.
- Experience on laser equipment; preferred BLM Tube and Trumpf Laser
- Ability to read blueprints and other documents
- Knowledge of simple operations in windows based computer environment; preferred in JobBOSS
- Ability to handle physical workload