Looking for a great new career with a company in Menomonee Falls? Apply today to find out more about them!
Press Setup Operator $19-21/hr DOE
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
-Perform all operations to set-up equipment, fixtures, and molds for compression molding machines.
-Operate equipment loading powder material to be pressed and periodic quality checks to assure proper machining operations.
-Move materials following production.
-Work from drawings and specification sheets and use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED
-Requires a high school diploma.
-Must be able to work from drawings, specifications and job layouts/blueprints and use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB DUTIES:
-Requires two years of experience in shop practices and set-up experience on production machines of similar complexity.
- Must have good mechanical inclination.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE REQUIRED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for setting up, adjusting, and operating mechanical powder presses.
2. Responsible for proper selection of tooling, molds and machine settings.
3. Diagnose troubles and make compensating adjustments.
4. All operators required to cross train to operate in another production work cell. Cross-training involves set up, adjusting, and operating horizontal surface grinders to perform progressive machining operations on brush products having close tolerances and finish requirements.
5. Follow procedures/methods and make periodic operation checks to assure proper machining techniques and product quality.