A local Randolph company is looking to add a Greenhouse Nursery Attendant to their First Shift team.
This individual will work closely with the Greenhouse Manager to help with potting and maintaining annuals (hanging baskets, potted plants, and vegetable production) as well as perennial plants as needed.
- Prepare soil; plant bulbs, seeds, and cuttings; graft and bud plants; and transplant seedlings and rooted cuttings
- Monitor plants for healthy growth and potential weed, insect, disease, and fertilizer problems in greenhouse crops
- Spray flowers and plants to prevent disease and pests
- Position and regulate greenhouse and outdoor irrigation systems to water plants and fields-Dig, cut and transplant flowers and plants and prepare them for sale-May operate tractors and other machinery and equipment
- Maintain inventory and order materials as required
- Clean working areas-Cover greenhouses and perennials when needed
- Mix soil as needed for potting in greenhouse